Glutamine is best-known and most widely-used by bodybuilders and strength athletes, but glutamine does much more than support muscle mass and strength. Anyone interested in maximizing their overall health can use glutamine powder, one of the easiest supplements to use because of its neutral, almost “tasteless”, taste and easy mixability into any liquid. Optimum Nutrition, a well-respected sports nutrition brand, makes a very high-quality and pharmaceutically pure glutamine powder that is one of the top-selling glutamine supplements worldwide. So, what can Optimum Nutrition’s L-glutamine powder do for you?
1) Glutamine supports muscle growth and inhibits muscle break down.
2) Glutamine fuels enterocytes, the cells that line the small intestine which use that energy to facilitate absorption of nutrients while blocking the inadvertent absorption of harmful, non-nutritive compounds in food.
3) Glutamine can improve the functional and structural integrity of intestinal tissues.
4) Glutamine fuels immune cells too, in fact it is the preferred fuel source for several types of immune cells, so glutamine is a legitimate immune-support nutrient.
5) Glutamine is used to form bicarbonate ions used by the body to balance pH.
6) Glutamine is used in the synthesis of glucosamine, which is THE critical joint compound.
7) Glutamine compounds are also used to scavenge the toxic waste product ammonia from the nervous system.
Optimum Nutrition’s L-Glutamine is a fluffy white powder with a similar appearance to powdered sugar. It has a slightly-sweet to neutral taste and mixes easily into any cold liquid or shake. Support you muscles, and your overall health, with Optimum Nutrition’s L-Glutamine powder.